Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Holidays

Is it too early to put up my Christmas trees yet?  My reasoning is that if Lowes, Hobby Lobby, Macys, and every other retail store in America can have their trees out already then I can start my decorating too.  Now don't think for a minute that my decorating is a work of art or anything fancy.  In fact my mom regularly refers to it as based on the artistic period known as "early yard sale" but I have a lot of it--lots and lots of it.  Last year I think I started the 2nd week of November and still didn't get everything out that I wanted to (of course we had just moved and I couldn't find half my stuff either.)  Now that we've been in our house for a year I know where I want things to go so I'm eager to get started and see if it all turns out like I have it planned in my mind.  Did I mention that last year I put out 6 trees?  Yes, really and I've already seen a great purple tree on sale at Big Lots for $20 that I think needs a home in my oldest daughter's room so this year it may be lucky number 7.  I'm looking for Christmas card display solutions so if you come by any clever (and UN-CLUTTERED!) ones please send it my way.  I found this idea online and it's really cute http://jas.familyfun.go.com/arts-and-crafts?page=CraftDisplay&craftid=10142 but counter/table/shelf space is at a premium in my house so not sure how well that would work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments PG-13 or cleaner and always leave your email address if it's not readily available in your profile.