Sunday, January 10, 2010

The Biggest Baby I Have

Sorry I’ve been so long without writing! Been a crazy holidays. I was so behind in Christmas shopping between the 10 days I was down with the flu back at Thanksgiving to spending all my free time looking at different schools (we withdrew our oldest from the school she had been in and put her at a new school--very long story behind it all) that as soon as the girls got out of school I did nothing but shop and decorate. We had some of hubby's family come in town the Monday after school let out so I was frantic trying to get everything together. Then hubby and I had planned an adult vacay for the week after Christmas as our Christmas present to ourselves while the girls went to Mississippi to spend a week with my parents—but instead he started with fever the day after Christmas and ended up with the flu so I’ve spent the past few days playing nurse to one BIG 34 year old BABY! Thankfully the girls were in MS nearly the entire time he was sick so they weren’t exposed.
I have birthed two children, two c-sections, 3 months of pre-term labor, 3 months of bed rest (including 10 days from hell during Katrina--was so hot I might as well have been in hell), suffered mastistis both times, and on and on and on but my goodness he gets the freakin flu and he thought he was going to die (unfortunately I wasn't that lucky!)  He couldn't (of course he could but he wouldn't) even get out of bed to get his own Sprite.  Why do grown men become the world's biggest whiners when sick?  I finally got smart and started drugging him with nighttime meds in the middle of the day so he'd hush!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments PG-13 or cleaner and always leave your email address if it's not readily available in your profile.